Searching

I have removed the search box because it was not working but the search box in the title bar seems to.


Wednesday 13 May 2015

Reflections on the General Election 2015

I was in hospital during the election and its aftermath. I was terrified that Milliband would be the next prime minister, ruling with the support of the SNP.

I was as astonished as anybody that Cameron won an outright majority – and hugely relieved that my worst fears were not realised. I hope that he will continue to tackle the deficit. Of course, until he succeeds in getting it down to zero, the total debt will continue to rise. I hope we get the promised referendum on the EU sooner than later.

The catastrophe inflicted upon the Labour party and the Lib Dems is balm to my soul.


I was one of those who voted against AV when we were given an opportunity to do so. I have changed my mind. Our Electoral system is broken. UKIP polled more votes than the Lib Dems and the SNP combined. The SNP won 56 seats, I think. The Lib Dems won 8. UKIP won 1. This is an absurd outcome. ‘First past the post’ sort of worked when there were essentially two political parties. It doesn’t work anymore. Millions of voters have been disenfranchised. Not good.



No comments:

Post a Comment