Searching

I have removed the search box because it was not working but the search box in the title bar seems to.


Saturday 23 August 2014

Blogorrhoea

Too much fun!

Why have I delayed so long in resuming my blog?

Blogging is more fun than squash, which is lots of fun, especially if you win often enough. I had never beaten my father at squash until I had played every day at Riyadh airbase for more than six months. There, I progressed from division 9 to division 3, and briefly to division 2.

When I next visited Birmingham, I thrashed him: 9-0, 9-0, 9-0. God forgive me: it was great.

Being a grandfather is top fun!

Begetting children is fun in itself. Being a father is an alloyed joy – are you doing an adequate job?

When it comes to grandchildren, the responsibility is divided by 4. The joy is what it is. Clara is less than 2 months old. She is so bright. Can I claim ¼ of the credit for that? I should be so lucky.

Families are wonderful. Families mean that when your son falls in love, you fall in love. I am so lucky: Helen, Carrie and Emily – How did I ever deserve them?

I'm tempted into a rapturous celebration of these girls. My prayers are twofold:

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, World without end, Amen; and


Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, be merciful to me a sinner.


1 comment:

  1. Keep blogging Pops. I'm reading, and will continue to do so x

    ReplyDelete